What could have been better than this year?
However, to give the first year of a new decade a fair shake, the year 2020 did bless us in some very unexpected ways.
May I name my top 10?
- We learned how to make toilet paper stretch…enough said.
- We learned how much we NEED toilet paper…again, enough said.
- We learned to use home delivery services like a boss. Thank you Walmart Pickup!
- We learned to always have masks and hand sanitizer in our purse.
- We learned how to use the word “zoom” as a noun instead of an adjective.
- We learned how to dress up like doctors, dentists, and nurses wearing surgical masks at church, school and the grocery store.
- We learned how to communicate while wearing a mask…not an easy mask-task.
- We learned how to correctly wash our hands like we were in kindergarten …20 seconds people!
- We learned who the WHO was and what the heck an R Naught was not.
- We learned a new term, “social distance” and how to form a line in the store by finding and standing on the floor circles six feet apart.
But in all seriousness, and no matter your political leanings of “pro-masks” or “anti-masks”, I truly believe we learned a most important lesson: that life is a gift we must cherish to the fullest and to love each day we have with our besties…. our loved ones.